It was back in those hot Haiti days when I had five little ones interrupting every thought…
My parenting techniques included exasperated sighs (which my special needs son imitated with delight), sarcasm, and lots of volume. I was not proud of myself.
(Of course those things never happen now. Oops, sarcasm.)
Then a friend recommended The Mission of Motherhood. I was a little weary of “how-to” parenting books. I already knew how to care for my babies and I knew the basics of biblical discipline. I hoped this book would be a little different.
I was not disappointed!
Sally Clarkson brought a breath of fresh air to motherhood. Her tender spirit, love for her children, and passion to lead them to Jesus stirred a longing in my wearied heart to do more than just survive. My perspective changed completely.
You WANT to win one of these!!
Here’s what you do to enter the drawing:
- “Like” my Facebook page by clicking “Like” on the right, then tell me you did in a comment below OR
- Subscribe to my blog by clicking “Follow” on the right, then tell me you did in a comment below OR
- Subscribe to Sally Clarkson’s new site Itakejoy.com, then tell me you did in a comment below OR
- Leave an amazon review of Take Courage: Choosing faith on my journey of fear, then tell me you did in a comment below OR
- Subscribe to my newsletter (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) OR
- Share this post on Facebook or Twitter and… yes, let me know you did in a comment below.
I will draw the names of two winners and announce them Thursday morning. So CHECK BACK to see if you won!
Okay, now check out these inspiring books below and don’t forget to visit Sally’s new site.
-Do you long for your home to be life-giving and peaceful?
-Is it your desire to pass on a legacy of righteousness to your children?
-Do you struggle to balance the duties of motherhood with a loving relationship with your children?
-Would you like creative ideas for keeping your child’s heart open to you and to the Lord?
No calling is greater, nobler, or more fulfilling than that motherhood. Every day, as we nurture our children, mothers influence eternal destiny as no one else can. Tragically, today’s culture minimizes the vital importance of a mother’s role. By catching a vision of God’s original design and allowing it to shape your life, you can rediscover the joy and fulfillment to be found in the strategic role to which God in all his wisdom has called you, for a purpose far greater than you can ever imagine.
Discover how understanding God’s purpose and design can empower you to be the mother you long to be.
Because Motherhood Isn’t Just a Job. It’s a Calling.
A mother’s day is packed with a multitude of tasks that require energy and time: preparing meals, washing clothes, straightening and cleaning the house, and caring for children. These jobs all are necessary and crucially important. But in the dailyness of providing for a child’ s physical, emotional, and social needs, vital opportunities for spiritual nurture and training can be overlooked.
This doesn’t have to be the case. You can focus your energy on what matters most. Learn how you can:
• Make Life’s Mundane and Nitty-Gritty Moments Work for You and Not Against You.
• Discover Ways to Make Character-Building a Natural Part of Live.
• Teach Your Child in the Same Way Jesus Taught the Disciples.
• Pass on Crucial Gifts that Will Serve Your Family for a Lifetime.
Using biblical wisdom and practical teachings, Sally Clarkson shows how you can make a lasting difference in your child’s life by following the pattern Christ set with his own disciples–a model that will inspire and equip you to intentionally embrace the rewarding, desperately needed, and immeasurably valuable Ministry of Motherhood.
Sally Clarkson is the mother of four children, a popular conference speaker, and the author of numerous books and articles on Christian motherhood and parenting, including The Mission of Motherhood, The Ministry of Motherhood, and Desperate. In 1994, she and Clay started Whole Heart Ministries to encourage and equip Christian parents to raise wholehearted Christian children. Since 1998, Sally has ministered to thousands of mothers through Mom Heart Conferences, and more recently through her blog, ITakeJoy.com (for Christian women).